Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Checking In...

So this is where we are today.  Momma is still here and I am loving having the company.  She and I have been enjoying watching episodes of "The Closer" together.  "The Shot" seems to be kicking in earlier with the Taxol infusions so I started on motrin yesterday.  Began the better pain meds last night as the Taxol is kicking in. 

I did manage this morning to neaten out our bathroom closet.  Seriously, it was like going on safari to find anything. And now I have a pretty good idea of what we have on hand for the kids as cold season kicks in.  Incidentally, that has been a huge blessing as the kids have not been sick while I have had chemo.  God has been good.

And I have a new addiction.  I got tired of trying to find cute bows for the girls' hair for a reasonable amount of money. And Hobby Lobby has opened here.  So Momma, the kids and I went.  And I have come up with these. 

So I have been playing with ribbons and bows.  And it's something I can do while I am staying off my feet.  And it's a small, finished project where I can feel a sense of accomplishment.  Because my bookcases are still in boxes.  And it's driving me nuts. And the paint for the girls' room is still in cans.  But eventually we will get it done.

And we needed to repot the hibiscus Mark's mom gave me years ago.  Its plastic pot cracked and we needed to find something to put it in so we could bring it inside for the winter.  Only it's rather difficult to find plant pots in Virginia in October and Novemeber.  Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes were a bust.  But Momma this morning ran down to a local nursery and scoped out their pots.  They had them and they were on sale.  She came home, grabbed me, and we scooted down there.  I hobbled up the aisles, picked the pot from ones she had already checked out, and we finished in under 15 minutes.  It so helps to have someone scout for you, and Momma's the best.  

And so now I am going to spend the rest of the day with my feet up.  I keep telling myself, "Only one more.  Only one more."  And it helps.

7 comments:

  1. Those bows are soooo adorable!!!

    Plenty of time for painting and bookshelving after chemo. Seriously. I was painting a couple of weeks after my last treatment... granted, my daughter and I only prepped/painted an hour or two a day for about four days, but it was doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean closets, potted plants, and cute hair stuff ... sounds like a good deal to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. I get so discouraged because I am used to doing and can't. At least not like normal. So Jeanne, it's nice to know it doesn't last. And Bethany, it's nice to have someone reaffirm even getting little things done is good. I appreciate you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for moms and clean closets. Love that you have found a way to be creative on your off days. Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, your blog has been nominated for Best Nitty-Gritty Blog in the Homeschool Blog Awards!

    http://hsbapost.com/best-nitty-gritty-blog-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures and the updates. Am sure you are enjoying having your mother there, but I know it works both ways. At least she gets to keep an eye on you for the time she's there. U. Alan says hi. Love from us both!! A. Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Nota, there is a huge surprise! I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete