And as I was driving down the hill, it occurred to me that I had not, as I usually do, left a note. In the rush, I simply forgot. I didn't want to call the house because he was asleep. I mean, the whole point of me grocery shopping with five children was to let him sleep. This was a faux pas. Or as my father would say, a "fox pass". This is also the man who signed my progress report for French class one time "Murky Buckets for teaching Andrea." I am not sure what my French teacher thought of my father slandering merci beaucoup but hopefully she was amused. I did pass the class.
Anyways, when Mark stumbled downstairs and saw the chaos I had evidently left in my mad dash to herd the cats, er, children out the door, he began to wonder. Evidently, the Christmas tree lights were on and breakfast dishes on the table. I hadn't noticed. (I did, however, make sure the space heater and stove were off. I wasn't totally negligent.) He pondered the possibility that perhaps the rapture had occurred and he'd been left behind, but on glancing out the window, he remarked that my Ford E-350 was also gone. He figured God probably didn't need one of those in heaven. He was honestly worried that an emergency had occurred, prompting me to leave quickly.
One might just wonder why he didn't call me on my cell phone. Did I mention our Target has dead spots where you can't receive a signal? He did finally reach me in the dairy aisle. (Note to self, if I have to call someone when in Target, head to the dairy aisle and stand still.) He was relieved to discover our whereabouts.
And next time, I promise, I'll leave a note.
Too funny!!!! Hope Mark is feeling better soon.
ReplyDelete