Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Five!

A little over five years ago, an ultrasound technician looked at the screen and told us that after three boys, we were having a girl.  I was a little shocked.  I'd geared myself up to be the mother of four boys.  And as Mark said,  "It's a whole new species!"

And she was.  As a baby, she was easy.  By two months, she slept through the night.  She would go down at eight, sleep until eight, wake, eat, play, and go down at nine for a nap.  Up at noon, eat, play, sleep at one.  You get the idea.  I remember thinking she was the easiest baby. 

And then she began talking.  At her eighteen month check up, the nurse asked if she had at least 50 words in her vocabulary.  I laughed.  Try 250.  Then there was the day she dressed herself up, marched into the kitchen and pronounced regally, "I'm the queen.  Get me some cheez-its!" 

She has brightens our life, makes me want to tear my hair out, and cracks me up, generally within a 24 hour period.  She is also my biggest cuddlebug.  And today she turns five.

Happy Birthday, Elisabeth.  We love you.



 

2 comments: