But I have enjoyed the freedom that comes with a week off and the chance to work on some projects around here. A week or so ago, I redid our fall wreath.
By September, I am longing for cooler temps and jeans and sweatshirts, and so I turn to fall decorating.
Some fall color to make me happy.
I love this little guy because Peter, while in Massachusetts this summer, wanted to buy me something.
My mom took him to Yankee candle and he picked out this little candle holder and then spent a good deal
of time looking for a votive to go into it. Each time I look at it, I am reminded I am loved.
And yesterday I sewed The Pickle an apron for her birthday next month.
She is really into helping me bake and so I thought she would like this. Caleb helped me pick the fabric.
We baked some pies earlier in the week. Two went in our freezer. Today's project was a nightshirt for Peter. He's been longing for one ever since he watched A Christmas Carol.
My little Ebenezer Scrooge
He's actually pretty happy, and it's nice to do something so simple that makes him happy.
Hopefully he'll remember the time his momma made him a nightshirt.
I still want to try and make some Halloween hairbows for the girls. Our week is just about over but hopefully I'll get to it.
You have made VERY good use of your time off!
ReplyDeleteLove that apron: it's just adorable.
Thanks, Susan. Hopefully The Pickle will like it.
ReplyDelete