We learned Sunday morning that my mother-in-law was on hospice care continually and was not expected to live beyond a few hours or days. I began a mad dash to pack five kids and myself up to head to Florida with Mark. Caleb however came down with the stomach bug in the wee hours Monday morning and so our departure was delayed. We received word Monday evening that she had passed away. We arrived in Florida Tuesday and celebrated her life yesterday.
This evening I learned a friend who mentored me through my breast cancer entered hospice care yesterday. She is losing her battle with breast cancer and is leaving behind her husband and two boys, roughly Caleb and Peter's age. My heart hurts for them. And yet her husband speaks too of a peace while at her side.
I am emotionally and physically drained. And yet I cling to the hope that both my mother-in-law and my friend will be whole and healed in heaven. No more dementia, no more scars, no more cancer. But there is a hole here on earth. And I am sad.
Losing people we love causes us to hope that in heaven they will be whole and healed (I love this phrasing). I have to think of mom that way; and the thought that there are no calories in her hot fudge sundaes. Thinking of you.....
ReplyDeleteYou, Traci, Linda, and Melanie have been on my mind the last couple days. We're all sad, but I know this hits close to home for those of you who have had a cancer diagnosis.
ReplyDelete(((((hugs))))
ReplyDeleteIt just stinks, Andrea. I'm looking forward to heaven and healing and all that is promised to us because WE BELONG TO THE LORD. We've been adopted, and we're His, and that's that. But for those of us, left behind who are here, sitting around wondering "why" and missing them? It stinks.
ReplyDelete