Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love Notes

This post is going to sound a bit like I am bragging about what a wonderful mother I am.  I assure you that is not my intent.  Many days I feel like the best I can do is not to screw up my children so badly they need therapy in their adult years. 

I told you about Peter giving me diamonds and gold for Mother's Day.  He also wrote me a poem that night.

A Poem
By Peter
Mom, you'r full of love, prettier than a snow white turtle dove.
No amount of money compares to you,
You'r sweeter than honey from the hive,
Mom with love you thrive.
Thank you for caring for us.
When we seem mad remember this:
Were always full of love.

(We'll be working on those contractions...)


And then for a writing assignment, Peter chose to write about something he knew about - me.  It's kind of funny seeing yourself through your child's eyes.  Here is his paragraph, just as he wrote it.


Momma
By Peter

     My mom is loving and kind.  She scrapbooks pictures of the family.  She loves to sew, which is fun.  Sometimes she sews pillowcases for us.  Other times she sews pillowcase dresses for my sisters.  She makes bows made out of pretty ribbon for my sisters.  The bows are very pretty my sisters love to wear them.  Because we wanted fresh vegetables and herbs mom and I are gardening.  The veggies are at the side of the house and in a raised garden kit in  our backyard.  My mom is organized, clean, and very, very beautiful.  My lovely mom is #1 Mom.

(I love the fact not only am I organized, I am clean.)


And then I found this bit of writing from Elisabeth on my dresser one morning.  I went looking for her brothers to find out if anyone helped her write this because honestly, it had capitals and punctuation, and well, she's six, just finishing kindergarten.  They helped her.  They spelled the word "sew" for her.  The rest?  Pure Elisabeth.


I am keeping these notes for those days when I feel like a big, fat, mothering failure.   :)

1 comment: