Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Friday, August 3, 2012

VBS Week

This week is our church's VBS.  I have been doling out the snacks.  It's not like it's strenuous work.  I'm whipped.  Go figure.

We came home Tuesday and both The Pickle and The Queen took a nap.  Unheard of.

There are all manner of strange toys and candies floating around my house as my children have used tickets they have earned to trade for prizes.  Slap bracelets, rubber duckies, candy necklaces, rubber flying planes, kazoos and harmonicas - it's quite a variety.

The children are loving it.  Abigail - pickle though she is - is learning her memory verse.  "I will run with perseverance (or persever as she says) the race marked out for me."

I love hearing the kids sing songs they have learned at VBS.  Some of the songs are praise songs I sang in college at our InterVarsity Christian Fellowship meetings.  That has been a trip down memory lane.

Today is our last day.  We will end with a cookout.  I am so grateful for the teachers who have loved my children this week, taught them, encouraged them, encouraged character growth, and made the gospel relevant in their lives.





1 comment: