We had to find the boy new dress shoes and thus began a scavenger hunt through five stores to find shoes for a boy wearing a six. Evidently most kids shoes only go up to a five and there evidently are very few men looking for dress shoes who wear a six. We emerged victorious from Kohl's. And an added bonus - Caleb thought he could wear his shoes as colonial shoes for Halloween. Score.
Caleb played baseball in the morning. We attended Noah and Elisabeth's team party in the afternoon. Then Caleb came home to get ready. He was ready in record time.
I drove Caleb and his two friends to the country club. Another mother would bring them home when the dance ended at 11 p.m.
I was a bit concerned about him having a good time. Teen and pre-teen boys can make remarks sometimes that suck the joy out of things. I needn't have worried.
He came home lamenting the fact the dance was over, there was a whole year to wait until the next homecoming, that there was a prom but not one he was old enough to attend. If only there was a dance every month. And I should see how his friend TJ dances. And he danced all kinds of dances. And it was so much fun. And, and, and...
About this time I realized the boy had eaten nothing but had drunk copious amounts of Pepsi. It was nearing 12:30 a.m. and he was running on adrenaline, caffeine, and sugar. I was running on fumes.
I sent him off to bed to dream of dances.
Ready to go
I'm biased, but I think he's a handsome guy.
Very handsome!
ReplyDelete