I think fall is my favorite time of year. After the heat and humidity of a Virginia summer (and it was HOT!), when the temperature falls and the air becomes drier, I am a happy woman. Plus I love cozy sweatshirts and am always happy to pull them out. And I also like the colors of fall. Caleb, who wanted some alone time with Momma, went to Wal-Mart with me and he helped me pick out some floral picks and mini pumpkins to add to our dining room table and bring a little fall inside. And I wanted something cheery to look at for the times when I am feeling cruddy. Want to see what we did?
I cut apart the floral picks and stuck them in my hurricane glass with some glass marbles.
And we added "baby pumpkins" to the table. The kids were fascinated by these. And so I got cool Momma points for doing something that made me happy anyway. We all win.
And since I am not feeling so hot (Today is Sunday, despite the date of my blog post. I have no idea how to post-date.) - the taxol is making my legs and feet ache & "The Shot" is kicking in - it's nice to have something cheery to look at. And if you are willing, I would appreciate prayers that the effects of the taxol are short-lived. The oncologist's office wants all the side effects gone before my next infusion. Please pray for that.
And since I am not feeling so hot (Today is Sunday, despite the date of my blog post. I have no idea how to post-date.) - the taxol is making my legs and feet ache & "The Shot" is kicking in - it's nice to have something cheery to look at. And if you are willing, I would appreciate prayers that the effects of the taxol are short-lived. The oncologist's office wants all the side effects gone before my next infusion. Please pray for that.
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteYour house is looking so pretty!
Have you tried the ibuprofen/acetaminophen combo? 2 of each, taken at the same time ... retake 4 hours later ... for some reason I didn't learn of this until Ethan had a tooth pulled. The dentist told him to use this, and it worked remarkably better than the prescription painkiller he used the time before. I used it after babies...it helped. You prob. already know this and maybe you can't take it. (But just in case you hadn't heard!!)
And to post-date: see where it says "Post Options" to the left under where you are writing your post? Click that. Then look on the right hand side of the box it brings up, and you will see "Post Date and Time." Click the "Scheduled at" box and put the date and time you want Blogger to publish it.
And I miss you.
Thanks, Rachel. I was doing a tylenol / motrin mix and that wasn't cutting it. Now a prescription / motrin mix is helping. Now I feel mostly like I have been on my feet all day instead of throbbing legs and feet. Much better. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the post date directions. Some day I'll get the hang of Blogger.
And I miss you too. Wish we could have a cup of tea together.