Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Notes

Anyone who spends any time in my house will quickly realize my children have a paper fetish.  They are constantly drawing (well, except for Caleb), and then leave their drawings around the house.  I secretly roundfile them when no one is looking or else we would quickly qualify for a guest spot on the tv show Hoarders.  But everyone now and then I come across one that tickles my funny bone.


Obviously Peter took to heart our warnings about how fish can be a bit finicky when adjusting to a new home and to not be overly disappointed if the fish didn't survive.  He evidently is pleased with Shamrock's progress.  And I love how he crossed out "healthy" and put in "good".  Maybe he felt healthy was too overly optimistic?

And Peter gifted me with a love note last night.  Of course, his personality is such that he adds plenty of humor to his pictures.



Because no love note is complete without someone tugging in a giant heart and sweating.  And having a little person tumble from the top of the heart.  I honestly think there's a little bit of Calvin (as in Calvin and Hobbes, not John  Calvin) in him.

And Elisabeth, not to be outdone, gifted me also.


 Her drawing.


And a close up of her writing.  "Sugar sweet.  I love you to Mom.  Elisabeth."

And so as I am feeling increasingly under the weather today - kind of in a "rung out dishrag sorta way", I remind myself I am blessed with these five children and my wonderful husband.  Who by the way is downstairs right now as I type putting together my table from IKEA.  I am in hopes I can get sewing on it soon since I have some children who want costumes and I have 8 days to produce.  But who's counting?

1 comment: