Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Notes

I know people say Valentine's Day is a made-up holiday designed to keep the card companies, florists and chocolatiers in business.  To that I say, "Bah!  Humbug!"  (Mix holidays much?) 

Because this morning I had a beautiful six year old run into my room and wish me an enthusiastic, "Happy Valentines Day, Momma!" and then she scurried to find my valentine that she had hidden in my room for me.


And then I had a nine year old who handed me his valentine.  And his sweet sentiments melt my heart.



And I watched a seven year old write out seven valentines messages on hearts he had cut.  Seven.  Which is a lot of writing for a seven year old.  He, too, melts my heart.


Even The Pickle got into the Valentine making, although her heart was yellow.  She marches to the beat of her own drummer, that one...



A holiday that makes us stop and think about our loved ones?  A holiday that reminds us to say, "I love you."?  A holiday that makes seven year old boys write, six year old girls hide love notes, and nine year old boys think about their momma?  I'll celebrate that.  And I'll even throw in a little chocolate.  :)

I made Valentine treat bags for the kids and Mark.


I also made Susan's hot fudge sauce for ice cream sundaes for dessert...

(The picture does not do it justice.)

Really yummy.
Absolutely no complaints from the minions.   :)

If you haven't checked out her blog, you should.  Especially her new food tab at the top of her blog.  Consider it my little Valentine's gift to you. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hot fudge and ice cream yesterday and chocolate cake today?! I'm stopping by *your* house next time we're en route to Maryland! Forget the rest stops! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on by! February is a pretty sweet month around here...
    Valentine's Day and two birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a whole lot of sweet goodness in one day!

    Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete