Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One Year

I remember sitting in my oncologist's office last February, having just completed radiation, and asking him how they begin to measure those one year, two year, and five year milestones.  He explained they start counting after all the cancer treatment is completed.  So no, I could not go back and start counting from my surgery date.  (Bummer!)  I also remember thinking a year is so far away.

But I have just returned from my oncology check-up.  And I am one year out from cancer treatment.  I have one year of tamoxifen under my belt.  (Four more to go.)   Two year and five year milestones are big ones for breast cancer evidently.  But I am happy to have one year down.

And the nice nurse practioner I saw today didn't mind that I came apart and blubbered while talking to her.  Geesh.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "Happy Anniversary" appropriate to say??? If not, how about just "Yay!"? And a (((hug)))?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing in one year, looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Cancerversary! May you have so many more that you get tired of explaining to your grandchildren why you're celebrating. <3

    ReplyDelete