This is one of those mornings I would cheerfully chase the yellow schoolbus and beg them to take my kids.
It's not that my kids are being horrible. They are not. In fact, Elisabeth made my breakfast for me this morning. Toast with grape jelly. By the time I came downstairs it was stone cold toast with grape jelly, but it's the thought, right?
This is one of those mornings when I am exhausted. It took me a while to get to sleep last night. (Finishing my cup of iced tea at 8 p.m. was probably not a good idea.) And I woke at 4 a.m. with a headache, unable to get back to sleep.
I stepped out of my bathroom this morning only to discover a roaring Abigail crouched at my doorway in an attempt to scare me. Thankfully, I had already heard her and did not have to scrape myself off the ceiling.
It was also the morning that three of the kids decided to pace around my room as I was trying to make my bed, which results in a sort of obstacle course start to the morning.
All that to say, I am entering the day praying for an extra measure of grace, an extra measure of patience, and a sense of thankfulness - even for stone cold grape jelly toast.
No comments:
Post a Comment