Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Ball

Three of the five kids opted for fall ball this year.  Elisabeth is moving up to coach pitch, and fall is a perfect time to begin a new division.  Fall is much more about instruction and less competitive.  Caleb too is bumping up a division to Juniors.  He is now playing on the big ninety foot fields.  This fall he will be facing some pitchers who are 15 and able to hurl a ball pretty hard.  And Noah?  He is ready for double AA, but he is playing coach pitch this fall so we are only driving kids to two different teams' practices and games, rather than three.

Today was Noah and Elisabeth's first game.  The weather was gorgeous - 70's, sunny, no humidity.  Just perfect.

My little Hooks

Caleb is still base coach for the team.
And he was a Hook last fall, so he had a hat and shirt.
Sweet.
 
I brought my camera to the game, fully intending to take more pictures, but I was scoring the game for the team and cheering and I kinda forgot.  I'll take more pictures as the season goes on.
 
But for now, my two Hooks did okay.  Elisabeth got one hit, driving in a run.  Noah got one or two hits, scored a run, and played some excellent defense, assisting or making three outs. 
 
And the best part?  They should all sleep well tonight. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment