After waiting (as they had promised I would), my port went in yesterday. They left the needle and tubing in so the oncologist can easily access it today for chemo. It's a little sore and tender. (Enough so that I was up at midnight popping Tylenol.) The really sticky tape holding everything there doesn't help. Abigail is intrigued by my "boo-boo". I'll be glad to get the infusion over and the needle out and go home with a band-aid.
And this morning I am off for chemo dose number 2. I will be one-fourth of the way through. That sounds way better than "I have 6 more doses."
And may I say, God bless the people from my church who have stepped up to help? Anne came the day of "The Shot". All the kids ran to show her their art supplies, knowing she is an artist and she had done art lessons with them last spring. One young lady, Mary, stayed both last Thursday AND Friday with my kids. Susan came Tuesday, complete with Uno and card games to entertain. Pat came yesterday, and not only did she have dinner waiting for us, she and the girls had cleaned my stovetop and made my teapot all shiny. Monica is coming today with her kids. It makes it so much easier knowing my kids are in good hands. And my kids look forward to whomever is coming next.
Yeah for the body of Christ!
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah for good math.
Friends are so awesome. :-)
ReplyDelete