Camp 2018

Camp 2018

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Second Dose

Went in for my second dose today. I am now 1/4 finished, and halfway through the adriamycin-cytoxen course. I am kind of shaky feeling, courtesy of the steroids. I go in tomorrow for a quick shot ("The Shot"). Still taking nausea meds.

And let me say, this infusion room is so nice. Cheerful, lots of light, big windows looking outside. It makes one feel better. Mark was thrilled they had coffee for him as well as snacks for me. My doctor stepped in to see another patient and made a point of stopping by my chair and asking how it had gone with getting the port. I feel very comfortable there.

And friends I used to teach with - Kathleen, Tami, and Julie - sent me the best cuddly fleece blanket which came in handy because it was chilly there. Note to self: next time bring socks...

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you calculate your doses, Andrea. Way to go.. You do have some very caring friends from the sounds of your posts and it's wonderful the way your kids are handling everything, too. Love to all, A. Ginny and U. Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great! Glad your infusion room is so nice. Gotta love a room with snacks, I always say.
    Your doctor sounds like a sweet guy, too!

    ReplyDelete