Surely I am not the only one who feels this way. Aren't there times things happen in life and you look around, expecting a video camera to secretly be taping you, because honestly it all seems so ludicrous and silly. Last night was that kind of night.
Let me begin by saying, Abigail did not nap yesterday. She's doing that more and more lately (egads!) and so last night I actually was able to rock her to sleep. That is a rare occurrence around here, let me tell you. I carefully tucked her in bed and kissed her good-night. I crawled into bed after the others went down and curled up with a book. I heard Abigail at one point yell in her sleep (even asleep she's noisy) and checked her. She was, of course, sleeping upside-down. This is normal. I find her all over the bed - upside-down, cross-ways, on Elisabeth, whatever. But at midnight I turned out the light and could not go to sleep. At about 1:00, I decided to head downstairs so I wouldn't wake Mark up with my tossing and turning. I opened the bedroom door and discovered Abigail...sleeping in the hallway. That was a new one. I almost ran downstairs for my camera...almost. I scooped her up and deposited her in bed.
I curled up on the sofa, closed my eyes, and drifted off about 1:30. I opened my eyes at 2:30 a.m. to discover Abigail standing there with a St. Patrick's Day pillowcase, asking me to please put it on the pillow. (Did I mention I stripped beds yesterday and changed sheets? And that I left an extra pillowcase and pillow on the end of the girls' bed? But that I hadn't put it ON the pillow? And you remember this is the girl who had a breakdown when Daddy forgot to put her toothbrush away in the toothbrush cup?) Sometimes, it's just easier not to argue. I got up, brought her upstairs, put the pillowcase on the pillow, gave her the extra pillow, kissed her good-night, and went back downstairs.
Caleb rolled downstairs at 5:30 a.m., waking me to let me know his stomach hurt. And it did. The poor kid had some stomach bug. Thankfully, it seemes to be short-lived. I'm praying he is the only one who gets it, or if the others feel the need to share, that they get it quickly and be done with it. Because I am scheduled Thursday to get my port out and kids with a stomach bug might get in the way of that.
Oh, and did I mention Abigail was up at 6:30 a.m.?
Gee. Now that we have teens the only time we get woken up is when the cat has something really special he wants to show us. Somewhere in the house is a mouse that got away the other night...
ReplyDeleteOh, dear! Sleep when you can!
ReplyDelete